Thursday 13 September 2012

This book is a brief look into my world as a wildlife artist, or bird carver as I'd rather be called. It describes the strong feelings I have about the good and bad sides to inheriting a talent and how it's affected my life in the past 40 odd years of my life. It follows the path from my early years drawing and painting birds, and the change of tools and medium to reach the point I've reached today as a carver. Also I've briefly covered the different stages I went through with variations of my "Naturebox" before finding the products I now make. Included is a very short, but never the less, easy to follow "work in progress" piece which will be far more detailed and in depth in my Instructional Manual which will follow shortly. I hope you enjoy this brief look into my life and work, and that I might have inspired you to maybe have a go at woodcarving? it's a wonderful hobby to have!

I'd like to take this opportunity to say thanks to Dave Lyons at Raven Crest Books for all his help and patience in putting this book together.

Best Wishes and Happy Reading Terry Everitt

No comments:

Post a Comment